Welcome to Our Store. As a customer of the family of companies, your trust is our most important asset. We take the protection and proper use of your personal information seriously and are committed to protecting your personal information in our possession. In order to preserve your trust, we want you to understand what personal information we may collect from you, how we use such information, and the choices you have regarding our use of this information.
In this policy, "personal information" means any information by which you can be identified or contacted, such as your name (first and last), address (city, state, zip), e-mail address, telephone number, etc.
Categories of Information We Collect
We collect personal information when communicating or interacting with you through our store, our store or the family of companies. Some examples include:
* registering for a shopping account, Wish List or Product Review account on our website
* when you request that merchandise be sent to you or others, make purchases or returns with us, place an order with us online, via phone, mail, e-mail or fax, or request an e-receipt
* fulfilling orders you place and delivering packages
* requesting a catalog or other content and communications from us or when offering recommendations to you
* subscribing to our store E-mail Updates (our e-mail newsletter) or other communications from us or managing your preferences with us
* applying for an account with us
* your Financial Account numbers when transacting with us
* interacting with our websites or mobile sites, mobile applications and services
* when you participate in any of our programs such as contests, sweepstakes, surveys, loyalty programs, wedding programs etc.
* when you apply for employment which may include your social security number or social insurance number
* working with our salespeople who assist you with your fashion needs and purchases
* contacting us with a comment, question or complaint
We may also collect personal information about you from other third parties, such as demographic firms, to make our future service and marketing efforts more efficient and personalized for you. We may combine all information we collect and we may disclose this information within our corporate family of companies or our service providers. When you visit our websites we may also gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include Internet Protocol (IP) addresses or other device identifiers, browser information, Internet Service Provider (ISP), operating system, location, date/time stamp and clickstream data.
How We Use Your Information
We use the personal information that we and our service providers collect to conduct our business and to provide you with the best possible products, services and experience. We may collect and use your information to provide you products and services, notify you of product recalls or safety issues, process and respond to your application for current or future career opportunities, process membership requests when you apply or otherwise administer your participation in our programs, to respond to your comments, questions or complaints, determine your satisfaction with our programs and service, to personalize your experiences, if you ask us to, send you marketing communications and other information you have chosen to receive regarding our products, services, marketing or special events. We also use your personal information for our everyday business purposes such as security, payment processing, analytics, operations, fraud detection and prevention, reporting, making back-ups and legal compliance.
How We Share Your Information
To best serve you, we may share your personal information with other members of the family of companies and with service providers that provide support services to us or that help us market our products and services, administer our programs, operations, fulfill your requests, surveys, contests, sweepstakes and product reviews, or provide you with membership information. Service providers, third parties who perform services on our behalf, are contractually restricted from using your information in any manner other than in helping us to provide you with the products and services available from Nordstrom. We may also, in certain instances, disclose your personal information when we have reason to believe that it is necessary to identify you, contact you, to advise you of a product recall, detect and protect you or us from fraud, manage information security or bring legal action to protect your rights or the rights of Nordstrom or others. We may also disclose your personal information when you ask us to do so or when we believe it is required or permitted by law.
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Other Similar Technologies
Third-Party Advertising Partners
We use third-party service providers to serve advertisements (banners or links) on our behalf across the Internet.